The US market has always had an unwavering obsession with large types of utilitarian motors, which is perhaps the leading reason for the establishment of Ram Trucks, a subsidiary of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, and a spin-off of the Dodge marque. Formerly recognized as the Ram Truck Division, it is now a manufacturer of light- to midweight trucks and vans. Though the Ram lineup is relatively limited, each nameplate is presented with numerous trim-lines and some with exclusive and special editions. All Ram vehicles, and its latest models especially, have received top-notch ratings for their well-balanced performance and consummate reliability expectations. In review, Ram is as popular as ever in the USA, so without further ado, here is the new 2021 Ram selection.
America receives a satisfactory selection of Ram models with more trim-lines than actual nameplates making up the 2021 range. Below, we list all of the prime offers:
- 1500 - Validated as CarBuzz’s number one ranking full-size truck, this regular-weight ute is the way to go if you need a livable cruiser with day-to-day practicality and occasional workhorse capability. There are various engine options presented within the seven model lineup, with the turbocharged V6 EcoDiesel making the 1500 one of the most frugal in the class, too. Furthermore, the latest iteration of the performance-oriented TRX trim is the world's most powerful and fastest factory-built pickup truck in the world.
- 2500 - The utility marque proves just as impressive within the three-quarter tonne segment with the 2500 conquering its numerous contenders. Though only with a diesel inline-six or a naturally-aspirated V8, the nameplate is available in six different trims and with a variety of cab and bed lengths. It’s also offered in either rear or all-wheel-drive.
- 3500 - There’s probably no job the heavy-duty 3500 can’t handle. A 6.4-liter V8 is standard-fit but the optional 6.7L inline-six unit, which develops 370 hp and a massive 850 lb-ft of torque is the crowd-pleaser. This, along with the 3500’s purposed underpinnings, avail the machine with a 7,680-pound maximum payload capacity and a 35,100-pound max tow capacity, making it the class-leading one-tonner of the segment.
- ProMaster - While most cargo vans come equipped in rear-wheel-drive formats, a front-wheel-drive setup makes the ProMaster series stand out. The Cargo Van and the Window Van that comprise the set, both of which are proffered with various engines, roof heights, and body lengths. Unlike the truck repertoire, these workhorses are a lot more rudimentary in their design and cabin layouts, which isn’t a bad thing as they’re relatively cheap and well-built for their purposes.
- ProMaster City - With their low displacement motors, compact sizes, and cavernous loading areas, the City Cargo Van and Wagon are the automaker’s specialized urban-centric utilities. They’re relatively fuel-efficient, too, so business owners don’t have to worry too much about taking on small jobs in remote locales or getting stuck in traffic. They’re the ideal small business partners for the urbanite businessman.
2021 Ram Models and Prices
||3.6L V6 Gas
||6.4L V8 Gas
||6.4L V8 Gas
||3.6L V6 Gas
||3.7L V6 Gas
|Ram ProMaster Cargo Van
||3.6L V6 Gas
|Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van
||2.4L Inline-4 Gas
|Ram 1500 Classic
||3.6L V6 Gas
|Ram 1500 EV
|Ram 1500 TRX
||6.2L Supercharged V8 Gas
What to Consider Before Buying a New Ram Car
Before heading out to purchase any new or used vehicle, be sure to pop by the CarBuzz buyer’s guide and shopping tools section on the website. Here, shoppers can browse through the many first-look, test drive, and in-depth Ram reviews. You can read pertinent information on specs, gas mileage, and prices, as well as check out pictures, or make easy comparisons, too. The BuzzScore ranking system highlights every automobile’s best qualities and makes it easier to compare each car against one another.
FAQs About Ram Vehicles
Why is the TRX so expensive?
At a starting MSRP of just over $70,000, the TRX certainly does cost a lot for a half-ton. The reason for this is its specialized powertrain and underpinnings, which are all purposed for optimal performance. It shares the 6.2L supercharged Hellcat V8 found in the Dodge Charger and Challenger Hellcats, which allows it to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.5 seconds. Along with that straight-line prowess, this beast is also fully capable of tackling the unbeaten path and provides ample practicality and versatility as a workhorse.
What are the strengths and weaknesses of Ram cars?
In terms of pros, most of the automobiles come comprehensively outfitted with well-appointed cabins and plenty of features. They’re powerful and highly useful, too, when it comes to getting work done. On the downside, these products are usually put on sale at much higher prices than rivals because of their well-roundedness. They can be rather harsh on the road, too, especially when not being used for work.
What role does the 1500 Classic play within the Ram compendium?
The Classic is the older generation version of the regular light-duty hauler and survives within the repertoire as a budget-friendly proposition. It will, however, be discontinued at the end of the 2020 model year.